Monday, May 12, 2008

My husband is just a wonder.

Lee's in the bathroom, fixing some sort of malfunction in the shower. I am always amazed and impressed in equal parts at all the useful things he can do. So what if he's not exactly a dab hand in the kitchen--the man's a freakin' star with the fixings and the buildings. Of course, the most impressive project in the past year has been my wondrous 40th birthday kitchen, (and, boy, and I looking forward to a summer that is a world away from last in terms of chaos, unsettledness, and teetering mountains of kitchen goods filling the dining room, basement etc etc. Oh, and a whole lot less of washing dishes in the bathroom sink) but I can think of so many recent examples of Lee's cleverness-- the door handle of Richard Leakey (our death-trap ancient Volvo), the gear shift knob of same, the drywall in the living room ceiling, my gorgeous, antique milk glass boudoir lamp, Dad's lawnmower, the hot water heater, and the list goes on... He deals with broken toys, smashed china, injured books, hanging pictures, infirm computers and listing bookshelves, to name just a few, with grace and efficiency. SO many reasons to love my husband. AND, it must be said, he does actually cook a mean perogie...

...he also used to paint my toenails for me when i was too pregnant to see my feet...

4 comments:

Aubadicus said...

He sounds nice, that husband of yours. Too nice to keep all to yourself. Perhaps you should consider sharing him.

With Scarlett Johansson, maybe.

And Richard is not a death trap, he's just misunderstood.

QueenFee said...

See, he's funny, too!!

P.S. Is too a death trap...

Beeb said...

Quality, Fiona. I'd have him stick around if I were you.

Do you think he could fix the head of my Pee-Wee Herman doll? It's all funuckered.

Aubadicus said...

Ava - yer Paul Rubens doll: I'll trade you the word "funuckered" for a repair. Deal?

P.P.S. Is not!