Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Bad Name.

I'm currently working on my specialty project, which is required for my International Yoga Alliance 500 hour teaching certification. I'm loving my subject--doin' laya yoga, and chakra stuff. It's a great subject, but Lee earlier pointed out to me that one of the books from which I'm currently drawing research is authored by an Alan Finger. Now, I'm sure that Alan is an awesome yogi and and a reliable authority on all things chakra, but his name's Finger, for God's sake!!

Come on, Alan. Yes, you were born with the name Finger, but there are avenues to correct these kinds of unfortunate mistakes. You go by your mother's maiden name, for instance. If that name is something like Finkelstein-Burpworth or something, then off you go, Alan, in all haste to the government office, pay your nice money & change the damned name. I've never understood why folks let themselves be continually saddled with dismal names, when they don't bloody well have to. A name says so much, and you know, if I was called Fiona Stomach, or Fiona Collarbone, or Fiona Anal Sphincter, I know what I'd do. A body part name is a BAD name.

2 comments:

Beeb said...

Dude, my name was almost Ava Tittemore. Thank the Lloyd I bailed off that sinking ship. I believe the fellow of whom that name belongs to is now a Calgary city policeman, so watch for any special crime reports in your local media from Officer Tittemore and have a chuckle for me.

QueenFee said...

Jeezus, Ava. That was a near miss of epic proportions!!