Sunday, February 7, 2010

Soul Shoes

You know how, in the depths of winter, in bleak midwinter, as Henry VIII might have said, one finds oneself swathed in layers of dark coloured clothes....I see right now, on me, dark brown t-shirt, grey sweater, brown wooly tights...and so it goes. Nasty, cold February weather spawns nasty, dull, heavy clothes. I invariably find myself yearning for something to wear that is bright, light and cheerful. Soul wear, if you will. Things to wear which lift one's soul out of the winter doldrums, and gently nudge it toward lighter and brighter days to come. Well, I have seen the shoes that do this for me right now. No, I cannot actually have them, due to all kinds of mitigating factors like expense, availability, practicality (My sister always asks me to be aware of a footware's suitability to Banff Ave in December, after a particular trip which featured myself in truly kick-ass shoes battling the consistent, very real risk to life and limb as I tottered my way along the icy sidewalks.), but a gal can dream, can't she? Behold above, the Marc Jacobs red heart shoes.... Aren't they something? I will content myself with looking at the picture, and envisioning myself wearing them, revelling in my fabulousness, and absolutely NOT crashing to the ground with a twisted ankle, as would undoubtedly happen in real life. Only Marc could have come up with these babies, which combine beauty and ridiculousness in equal measures. Perhaps they really are best consigned to the realm of fantasy and not reality.... So, that being the case, off I go, in my red heart soul shoes, to walk the ice-free sidewalks of my dreams, and let spring creep in, just the tiniest bit, to my world.

4 comments:

Aubadicus said...

Wouldn't those nuns have looked awesome in those?

QueenFee said...

They would bring nun-wear to a whole new level!!

Radical Bradacal said...

Here's to the weather being nice enough to where you CAN wear them ... without dreaming.

Though I would make a mess of them in ANY kind of weather.

QueenFee said...

Thanks for the 'shoe support', Rad Brad! You da best!