Monday, July 7, 2008

Salsa

I cannot seem to stop making (and eating) fresh salsa. Every time I turn around, I catch myself heading kitchen-ward, and reaching for tomatoes, cucumbers etc, and busting out the chopping board. I think I'm obsessed. I make these MASSIVE batches of salsa, and Lee and I fall on it like ravenous wild beasts, and don't stop shoving it in our faces till it's all gone. Every time. It just seems to taste of summer...all fresh and crunchy and flavourful. I'm spending a fortune on veggies and lovely organic corn chips to feed out addiction. Sigh. The crystal meth of summer foods...

2 comments:

Beeb said...

Oh, that sounds delicious! Thanks for the tasty imagery- now I know what to serve with dinner tonight! Shit, that could very well BE dinner tonight...mmmm. I make a yummy black bean salsa that is murder on the intestines but wonderful on the tastebuds...we should share recipes!

QueenFee said...

I'm in for a salsa recipe swap!!