Monday, July 14, 2008

Sadness that gross snacks cannot help.

I have looked at my blog, and I have discovered that my masterpiece, the entry about the Trooper concert, is somehow incomplete. I am crushed. My very heart and soul went into that one, and now some evil blog-eating something or other has sucked it into the cyberspace void. I was truly inspired in my description of the satin jacket wearing, caftan sporting, Phantom of the Opera channeling Trooper keyboard player. Even my husband was impressed. I feel as though I have lost a little part of myself that can never quite be replaced. Even pretzels dipped in Cheese Whiz have not taken the edge off my sorrow. Just think of it....pretzels & cheese whiz, washed down with bubbly wine, in which floated lovely fresh raspberries. And nada.... the pain still skewers my heart. SCREW YOU, DUMBASS BLOG!!!

I am also procrastinating badly. We spent a delightful weekend at the cabin, and returned home last night with the expected mountain of laundry, crap, and personal filth that can only come from a weekend with no mod cons, plus an excursion in bare feet/rubber sandals across the Little Red Deer River. Have I dealt with this? NO no no. Shit. It looms, inducing ever-increasing loads of guilt. But I had an excuse. Last night, I somehow caused my right eye to manifest the world's worst allergic reaction, which resulted in the entire right side of my face swelling and twisting and contorting, so that I resembled the Elephant Man's more unfortunate sister. God, it was unspeakably revolting. Lucky I have a strong stomach. I was kind of ill all morning, and then had to go around in the afternoon with a dishcloth of ice lashed to my face in order to actually leave the house for yoga this evening.

It still feels all jelly-like and creepy. The wine has done no good, nor have the pretzels. And the mess has failed to take care of itself. Tomorrow is going to suck.

1 comment:

elesciaeisler said...

I too was so swept up into your Trooper story that I let out an audible "what--?!!" and looked for a continuation link of some sort before realizing what had probably happened. You will have to finish the story when we see you in a couple of weeks!
Sorry to hear about your eye - I hope it's all better now. I am inspired to send you a real email now. Perhaps I will....