Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Millies are here!!!!!!

O Happy Day!! The Court has been infinitely enriched by the arrival of my adopted Giant African Millipedes!! They are just beautiful, and I am so pleased. Now, some might remember that most excellent of millipedes, Tabitha, who has gone on to the big Forest Floor in the Sky--these two will then seem quite familiar. They are likely boys, because of their comparatively small size, and where Tabby was black, with mahogany highlights, the new millies are a real mahogany all over. They have been named for both of my much-loved & long-departed grandfathers....Grant is the more gregarious of the two, where Stanley is a little less outgoing. They are both still wary of great, big, ham-fisted humans (sensible little souls!), but they are clearly headed down the path of great social conquest; what they lack in witty repartee, they more than make up for in grace, beauty and incomparable, jointed feelers. They will be receiving visitors quite shortly, and, boy, are you all in for a one-two punch of glossy, 600 legged magnificence!

3 comments:

Exile said...

TAPEWORMS?

Hand one over - I need some serious slimming.

I would love to see the new millipedes. Have you been to the Insect Room at the provincial museum? The Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches are the best.

QueenFee said...

LOVE hissing cockroaches, too. Also the Death Feigning Beetles.The millies want to see you, too!

and, yes, tapeworms....

Beeb said...

Gaaahhhh...this entry left me feeling dizzy and...squishy. I don't know how I feel about millipedes, but I'm glad that they have somebody as great as you to love them. I particularly like your name choices for the little buggers. Stanley. Ha.

What do you feed something like that? Do you feed them tapeworms?

Jesus.