Monday, May 17, 2010

Drool....


I have been pretty quiet on the handbag front lately. Strange, I know. I really haven't found much that has caught my eye. I've done my usual prowls through thrift shops, Value Village, a garage sale here and there, plus my regular Ebay quests, but nothing really of note has leapt out and onto my arm. (Ok, I lie, sort of. I DID buy a bag on Ebay recently, and while it is quite a jolly, little number--an appliqued bird on a swirly background, quite swell--it is, by no means, the answer to my current handbag prayers.

But that one up top there kind of is. It is the Fendi Arazzo peekaboo bag, and I swooned a little when I first saw it. There is a bit of slobber in the computer keyboard. I might trade a kid for that bag. It is all so glorious in every way, save one. I hope y'all are sitting down when you read this, cause you might keel over in shock. The price, you see, is a bit of a problem. I could buy this bag right now, from Neiman Marcus online for $6,980.00. Yes, I am afraid you read that correctly. Oh, my giddy aunt! Seven K!!! Considering that my fundraising bake sale to purchase at auction Elizabeth de Bohun's Book of Hours (well into the 7 figures, price-wise) from Christie's hasn't really come off, I guess I'd better abort the mission on the ol' Fendi Arazzo. *sob*

BUT. I do hold onto hope. I may well find a seriously lower-rent needlepoint bag on ebay for the here and now, and then look to the future for my ultimate fulfillment--one of the many, friendly, eager to please, designer knock-off dealers on the web will doubtless have a version of my bag sometime soon that even I might be able to swing. AND I won't even have to sell a kid!

3 comments:

Beeb said...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph- are you KIDDING ME? I am sure the world went silent when I first laid eyes on that bag. I may have to engage in some identity theft-type/fake Master Card-esque crimes to get that bag.

Radical Bradacal said...

Yes. Please don't sell your children. I happen to be rather fond of them. Also, I have to say - your $20.00 Vintage Store purchase was well worth it. I like yours much better than I like the Fendi - for whatever that's worth. My taste in such matters is constantly called into question.

QueenFee said...

I hear you, Aves! If you manage it, order me one, too, and we can both go into hiding.

Thanks, Rad Brad! I am very glad you like my vintage one. It is pretty fab. And, just to note, I do not call your taste here into question. You rock.