Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Unbearable Shortness of Weekends

Seriously. Why is it that weekdays can drag and drag and draaaaaaaaaaag painfully on for about 35 years, and weekends...well, see, it's gone already! Cleo even noticed this this week. She pointed out that it didn't seem fair that one had to spend all these hours at school, and so few hours in the company of one's family. Smart kid.

Who do we have to talk to to get this rectified? My dear friend Barry & I have long harboured plans for a secret world takeover, and a systematic elimination of inferior members of the human race. I'm thinking that, as an adjunct to the wipe-out plans, we need to incorporate some sort of ruling regarding weekends and weekdays. The work week could be shortened to about 2 or 3 days, and the remainder is BLISSFUL, BLISSFUL weekend. What say?

Sunday, bloody Sunday.

4 comments:

Beeb said...

I swear I simply rested my head on my pillow Friday night and suddenly, it is Sunday afternoon and I am trying to get my work clothes laundered.

QueenFee said...

I know. It's such a BITCH! HAte Sunday nights...always so bittersweet and kind of melancholy...

Aubadicus said...

I'm in. Where do I sign up for the 2-day workweek? Hell, I'll work two 20-hour shifts if we still need to get the 40-hour week in.

Exile said...

Our day will come, Fi. The problem is we've been too lenient with people until now.