Thursday, April 24, 2008

SHE'S BAA-A-A-ACK!!

After a lengthy hiatus, Queen Fee returns to being blog-tastic! Yes, it has been awhile, but I had some serious stuff to cram into that hiatus. Let's see..... So what exactly was I up to??
1. Had my long-scheduled little surgery right after the Easter weekend. Went v. well, indeed. I had a nice, long recup. period where I did the following: read, rested, ate nice, healing foods, walked with Dorian, watched all the "Keen Eddie" episodes, (why, oh why did American audiences have to be too lame to get the show, thereby facilitating its cancellation? Why?) had a few coffees out, and rested some more. Not exciting, but thoroughly enjoyable and likely good for my overall health. Oh, and I did some needlepoint, too.
2. Lee & I re-thought the layout of the living room, which turned into a massive fix-up project, fuelled by much blood, sweat & tears. I practised a good deal of yogic non-attachment, and punted a serious quantity of stuff to either the garbage, the recycling or the give-away pile. So therapeutic, I must say. And now the living room looks so much better, although the new look has also brought the urgency of a new paint job to our attention. Soon, smudgy little walls. soon..
3. I did not do any yoga for close to a month. That has been easily the longest time I've not done any yoga since Raine was tiny. Maybe I needed a bit of a break there, too. It wasn't entirely of my doing; my teacher was away for a good while, which nixed classes and then I was getting over my surgery, which nixed my home practise, as well as classes. The end result of all this is that my hamstrings, never exactly loosey-goosey, are pathetically tight, and a smidgeon of my upper body strength has faded, too. Now that I'm back in the saddle, I'm happy, but I kind of regret my slackitude. Now I have to work even harder to claim it all back. On the good side, my nice, long, stretchy quads didn't let me down and I can still rock the supine thunderbolt like no-one's biz!
4. I had a most delightful visit from my cousin Terrie. Terrie lives in Australia, and due to unfathomable geographic distance, we hardly ever get to see one another, so this was such an amazing treat. Like always, we just picked up where we left off. We had great chats, tons of laughs, many bottles of bubbly, an old-time-Fiona-&-Terrie-drunken-dance-marathon, and a chance to enjoy old memories and make a few new ones. Lee & the girls had never met her before, and they took to her in a flash. It really was such a lovely few days....wish it had been longer, but I'll take what I can get. So, little cuz, "Happy trails to you, Until we meet again..."

Thus, my dears, life has returned to normal here at the Court of Q.F......quiet days while my family is at school & work, ferrying the girls to school, birthday parties, dance class, lots of yoga, cozy evenings with my huzbind, kicking the dog off the bed, finding excuses not to change out of my pjs, likewise finding excuses to open bottles of bubbly, etc etc. I dig comforting and uneventful like that. I really do. And now I blog again.

1 comment:

Beeb said...

Oh good! You're here! Huzzah!